Runaway Country Fest | Kissimmee, FL
WHAT A WEEKEND! We could not have asked for a better weekend at Runaway Country Music Fest in Kissimmee, FL. Unfortunately, we weren’t able to attend the first day of the festival due to a prior obligation, but we flew in early Saturday morning from San Diego and got to enjoy the rest of the weekend at Runaway Country!
We had a fantastic time thanks to the amazing Runaway Country team!! We can’t thank you enough for giving us this incredible opportunity to work with you guys!
We’ve had some time to catch up on sleep, recover from a little bit of jet lag, and have compiled a complete list of festival tips, highlights and travel tips. Keep reading if you’re planning to attend this stellar country music festival next year!
Runaway Country Festival Highlights
- Fans | Wow Florida, you guys were SO NICE to us! We had the opportunity to meet a lot of fans, volunteers, and vendors at Runaway Country — everyone was so friendly! It’s truly amazing how you can go into a country music festival on the other side of the United States, not knowing anyone, and come out with a bunch of new friends! The people are often what make music festivals so much fun and so memorable. Thanks for showing us a great time, Kissimmee!
- Favorite Performers | Our favorite acts were: Ashley McBryde, Adam Craig, William Michael Morgan, Florida Georgia Line, Darius Rucker, Kane Brown, LANCO. Catch them all on tour here. This was our first time seeing Country Clones Artist of the Month, Ashley McBryde live, and boy was she good! She captured the afternoon crowd with her stories behind the songs she sang so beautifully on stage. We had the opportunity to meet her after her set and she is so nice! Ashley – thank you for being so down to earth!
- Adam Craig | A power outage can’t stop this guy from playing a show! The generator went out just before Adam went on stage, so he treated fans to an intimate acoustic show in the crowd in front of the stage, without microphones and speakers. After playing about 6 or 7 songs acoustically, power was restored and Adam and his band got back up on stage and closed out their set with a rocking performance! This was really an unforgettable experience for everyone watching! He’s one of our favorite country artists and has new music coming soon! He is one of our favorite up and coming country music artists! Learn more about Country Clones’ Artist of the Month, Adam Craig
- Merica! | Being military brats (our dad is a retired Marine) – we love all things America! Runaway Country had a massive American Flag hanging from a crane all weekend long. It waved in the wind and was lit up at night. It created the perfect backdrop for a country music festival. The National Anthem was also performed each day before the prime time acts hit the stage – we loved the American pride at Runaway Country!
- Backstreet’s Back! |It’s easy to forget that extremely successful artists are fans just like us and go to country music concerts just like we do. Saturday evening during Brett Young’s set, we got the chance to hang with Howie Dorough from the Backstreet Boys in the pit. Howie was there to support Florida Georgia Line because BSB and FGL recently collaborated on the song “God, Your Mama, and Me.” We got to chat with Howie for a bit about how the collaboration with FGL came about and their current residency in Las Vegas. Obviously, we had to tell him that we were big fans of BSB, dating back to the TRL days. 🙂 He was so friendly! This is just a reminder to keep your eyes peeled at festivals because you never know who might get the opportunity to meet!
Runaway Country Music Fest Tips
- Drink Tickets | Purchasing alcohol at Runaway Country is a little different than other festivals we have attended because the bars don’t accept money (no cash and no cards). Instead, concert-goers must purchase drink tickets separately from one of the several onsite ticket booths. One drink ticket allows you to get one drink. The drink prices weren’t outrageous – each drink ticket was $8. Note: You can only purchase drink tickets with cash, so bring plenty of cash with you or be prepared to pay the $3+ ATM fees.
- Pit Passes | We all have that one artist that we’d die to be front row for. Runaway Country Music Fest has a great option for fans who don’t want to splurge on Super Pit Passes for all three days of the festival. At Runaway Country, country music fans can purchase pit passes on a per-artist basis. That’s right, you can purchase as many pit passes as you want, so you can see any artist you want from the best seat in the house (depending on ticket availability). This is a great way for country music fans to save money, while still capturing amazing photos and creating unforgettable memories of their favorite artists.
- Visit the Vendors! | There are SO MANY great shops and eateries at Runaway Country Music Fest! You can purchase everything you need to create the perfect country concert outfit – from apparel at the Gone Country booth to cowgirl and cowboy boots from JC Sales. We picked up a brand new pair of Corral Boots from JC Sales and couldn’t be more excited to wear them to upcoming festivals and country concerts! If you guys need boots at your next festival be sure to check them out! Don’t forget to stop by the Runaway Country merch tent and artist merch tents to pick up some swag! In regards to food… holy moly! We had loaded tater tots, grilled cheeses, BBQ, and hot dogs at Runaway Country… in case you didn’t know, the Country Clones love fair food, fast food, and just overall ‘bad food.’ 🙂
- Getting Around | We were so impressed with how organized this festival was! From getting Ubers to and from the festival each day, to going through security– everything was so easy! We were so impressed by this. Great job!!
- Chairs | Standing on your feet for 3 straight days is exhausting. Many fans brought folding, camping chairs to enjoy the show. Chairs also help you stake your spot.
- The Usual | Don’t forget to stay hydrated and bring sunscreen! This year, temperatures were in the 80s and it was beautiful!
- Catching a Ride | We caught rides with Uber all weekend long, and were pleasantly surprised to find that the prices weren’t outrageous! There was a little bit of a price increase when finding a ride after the festival each night, but it wasn’t too bad, and Uber drivers could easily find us.
- Camping | Their RV and camping section is some of the best we have seen! It’s easy to get to, plenty of space for everyone, and you don’t have to walk very far to get inside the festival! Next time we attend this festival, we will be sure to rent an RV and stay on site! You really get the full festival experience when you camp. Be sure to check out our festival camping checklist to make sure you bring everything you need for a weekend-long festival.
- Airport | If you’re flying in for Runaway Country, make sure you plan for long lines at Orlando International Airport. Keep in mind that the festival takes place in mid-March, which is prime travel time for spring breakers. Be sure to make sure to get to the airport earlier than you need to after the festival is over.
- Parking | Fans can purchase VIP parking onsite, but offsite parking is free. Complimentary shuttle service is available that can transport you to and from the festival to your car.
We can’t wait to attend Runaway Country Music Fest again! Pre-order your 2019 tickets now!
Photos from Runaway Country Music Fest 2018