Looking for a tropical escape with country music? Tortuga Music Festival is the ULTIMATE music festival. Located on the beach in tropical, Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, Tortuga is sure to leave a lasting impression for years to come. The music is good, the weather is warm, and nothing beats the South Florida sunshine. Similar to The Hangout Festival on the beach in Gulf Shores, Alabama, Tortuga offers a mix of honky-tonkin and ocean vibes. For us, there is nothing better than being barefoot on the sand, listening to country music in the warm sun.
Tortuga Festival is more than a festival. The festival also strives to increase awareness about ocean conservation initiatives. There’s even a conservation village where guests can learn what they can do to help.
The two stages at either end of the beach mixed with a pirate ship DJ booth provide concert goers with a chance to see live music at any minute of the day. In 2017, Tortuga Festival celebrated its fifth year, and it’s probably safe to say that this festival is definitely here to stay. It’s quickly becoming a destination festival for people all over the country. Don’t believe it? Just ask the people you meet in line for drinks – people flock from all over to experience the one and only Tortuga Music Festival!
Traveling on a budget? Here are a couple of money saving tips.
- Eat lunch before the festival. Food and drinks are very expensive at the festival, so do your best to eat lunch and have a few drinks before you head to the venue. Stop by for a BLT and a cocktail of your choice at Duffy’s Sports Bar located in the Harbor Shops, just minutes from Fort Lauderdale State Beach. The food is good, the servers are friendly, and drinks are buy one, get one free, all day everyday!
- Public Transportation. The Ubers to and from the venue are pretty inexpensive if you’re used to living in a big city and paying high prices. Ft. Lauderdale also has a trolley-like bus that will transport you and your friends around the city for only one dollar a ride.
- Renting a car. Don’t bother. Thanks to Uber and other ride sharing apps, it’s very easy to get around Ft. Lauderdale. Your hotel may also have a shuttle that can transport you to and from the festival venue and the airport.
Other tips for attending Tortuga Festival
- Bring sunscreen (duh!)
- It will probably rain, but don’t worry, it’s Florida – the rain doesn’t last forever.
- Cell phone service is spotty because there are so many people in one place.
- Don’t drink and drive (also duh!)