ACM Party for a Cause | Las Vegas, NV
If you have not been to Las Vegas during ACM weekend, you NEED to add it to your festival bucket list. This is the only weekend where country music takes over Sin City. For four days, country music concerts are scattered throughout the city. Just about every country music artist leaves Music City to hang out and/or perform in Las Vegas. The resort pools turn into hillbilly hoedowns and the city is crawling with visitors in country and western attire. With the ACM Awards typically held on Sunday night, the events and parties lead up to the big award show.
Named ACM Party For a Cause, the proceeds from the events benefit ACM Lifting Lives. The MGM Grand acts as the ACM weekend headquarters, so be sure to keep your eyes peeled for your favorite country music singers as you walk around the casino floor. Most of the ACM Party For a Cause events do require tickets, so be sure to plan ahead. The official website has a complete list of the events happening all weekend long.
Tips for hitting the Las Vegas Strip for ACM Weekend
- Some events sell out quickly, so be sure to plan ahead and don’t wait until the last minute.
- Lounge chairs at the pool parties also fill up very fast, so get in line early.
- Some events have a prepaid line and a separate line for those who need to purchase tickets, check before waiting in the first line you see because it could save you time.
- Check out Losers Bar & Grill at the MGM Grand. Originally started as a popup bar, this Nashville based bar has live music and a friendly atmosphere for country music fans.
- Bring a portable phone charger – you won’t want to have to leave to go charge your phone!